Crispy Chicken Thighs w/ Green Olives, Walnuts, Caramelized Onions
- 4 skin-on chicken thighs (boned-out)
- ½ onion sliced
- ½ cup of walnut pieces
- ½ cup of pitted halved green olives
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Wondra flour for dusting
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped chives
- Heat canola oil in a 12-inch stainless steel or nonstick pan on medium heat
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper
- Dredge with wondra flour on skin side
- Place skin side down in hot pan, cook for 4 minutes until browned.
- Place heavy pan on top of chicken to weight it and place into 450 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a 10-inch stainless steel or nonstick pan heat another 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and sauté onions until caramelized
- Add walnuts and olives to onions and sauté for 3 minutes after seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add fresh chives and a splash of rose to the onion/walnut/olive mixture (if it’s on your counter)
- Remove chicken from oven (remember the handle is hot)
- Arrange the chicken skin side up over salad greens, such as arugula, romaine, etc.
- Spoon onion/walnut/olive mixture overtop and finish with fresh lemon zest and a crisp glass of wine