Buttermilk Biscuit Eggs Benedict
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3.5 cups all purpose flour, plus more for surface
- 1 cup (2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, plus more for brushing
- 1 cup chilled buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Pulse baking powder, salt, sugar, baking soda, and 31/2 cups flour in a food processor to combine.
- Add chilled butter and and pulse until largest pieces are penny-sized.
- Transfer to a large bowl and gradually drizzle buttermilk over top. Knead mixture a few times in bowl until a dry dough forms.
- Turn dough on a clean surface and pat into a 1-in thick square
- Cut dough into four pieces. Stack pieces on top of one another, sandwiching any loose dry bits of dough between layers, and press down to flatten.
- Lift up dough with bench scraper and dust surface with flour. Roll dough into a 1in. thick rectangle. Trim a thin border around the sides to create clean edges.
- Cut into a 4x3 grid to make 12 biscuits. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Brush top of biscuits with melted butter and place in oven. Reduce temperature to 400 degrees and bake until golden on top, 20-25 mins.
- 4 1/2inch-thick x 4in -long cuts of slap bacon
- 8 fresh eggs (3 for hollandaise yolks)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 oz butter
- 2 T fresh chives
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and lay bacon slabs across
- Roast at 325 degrees for 10-15 min, or cooked to your liking
- Drain bacon on a double layer paper towel
For Poached Eggs:
(Poach eggs last once bacon, biscuits, and hollandaise are ready)
- In a wide pot, fill up to 1.5-2 inches of water with 1 T distilled white vinegar. Heat to a simmer
- Crack eggs individually one at a time into a small bowl
- Lightly swirl the water and pour one egg into the middle of the pot
- Do not swirl the water any further to prevent break the yolk. Cook for 3.5-4 mins
- When cooked, remove eggs from pot and rest gently on a paper towel to drain
For Eggs Benedict:
- Slice biscuits in half. Top halved biscuits with bacon, followed by the poached egg. Top with 2 T of hollandaise, chopped chives, and lean the top half of the biscuit against it.