- 8oz sushi grade tuna, raw
- 3 ½ TB Ponzu sauce (recipe below)
- 1/2 small roma tomato, diced
- 3 TB white onions, cut in a small dice
- 1/2 small avocado, diced
- 1/2 small bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 tablespoon Espelette Powder
- 1 Cup Soy Sace
- ½ Cup Orange Juice
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice
- 3 inch piece of Ginger, Peeled
Place a metal bowl the freezer or refrigerator. Once chilled, remove from freezer. Dice the tuna in even cubes, as small as possible and place in the chilled bowl. Gently add the diced tomato, onion, cilantro, and avocado. Gently combine ingredients, folding over with a large spoon to not break up the avocado or tuna. Set aside in the fridge.
Meanwhile, make the ponzu by adding all ponzu ingredients in a small pot over medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and allow to cool completely.
Once cool, add 3 ½ tablespoons of ponzu and the Espelette Powder into the tuna mixture. Spoon into a cylinder mold or spoon gently onto a plate. Finish with a pinch of sea salt.