Tuna Tartare with Whipped Avocado and Micro Greens
- 12 oz sushi grade tuna, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, deveined and minced
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup micro cilantro
- Wonton Chips or tortilla chips
In a medium bowl, combine tuna, jalapenos, shallots and olive oil, mixing gently. Add the lemon zest to the mixture and season with salt and pepper. In a food processor, add avocado and lemon juice and whip until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
In a chilled bowl, place a ring mold in the middle and add tuna. Place avocado whip on top and remove ring mold. Add cilantro on top of avocado and serve with wonton chips.