Serves 4-6 people
- 1 Bunch Tri-Colored Carrots (Peeled and Quartered Lengthwise)
- 1 Cup Tri-Colored Cauliflower Florets (Cut into Quarters, Or Bite-Size Pieces)
- ¼ Cup Shaved Radishes (Cut 1/4" Thick By a Mandolin or By Hand)
- Finely Chopped or Snipped Chives (for Garnish)
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- ¼ Tsp Espelette Spice
- 1 Cup Riesling
- ½ Cup Gruyere, Swiss, or Raclette
- 1 Tb Water
- 1 Tb Cornstarch
In a mixing bowl, combine the prepared vegetables, once they have been washed, trimmed, and cut. Toss with the oil and spread on a sheet tray. Warm in a 300 degree oven for 10 minutes. Spread on a serving platter.
In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water thoroughly so the cornstarch is fully dissolved; set aside. Pour the wine into a saucepan over medium heat and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half. Slowly whisk in the cheese, working in batches if necessary. Whisk until smooth and cheese is melted into the wine. Add in the cornstarch mixture and whisk until the sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Pour the hot fondue over the crudite and sprinkle chives on top. Enjoy!