- 12 shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ cup picholine olives, thinly sliced
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chiffonade
- 1 cup dry white wine (pinot grigio preferred)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 1” thick slices of baguette
Pre-heat oven to 400 F. Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and toast in oven until golden brown.
Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and heat through, then add the shrimp, making sure there is space between them. Cook for about 45 seconds. Turn shrimp over and add garlic. When garlic is golden brown, add tomatoes, oregano, olives and white wine. Reduce liquid by half and then add the butter.
At this point, remove the bread from the oven and put 1 slice in the middle of each of 4 bowls. Place three shrimp on top of each slice of bread, then return pan to stove. Bring the sauce back to a boil, it should be thick and emulsified now. Taste it to see if it needs more seasoning, adjust accordingly. Divide the mixture between the four bowls, spooning on top of the shrimp.