Makes abbout 40 Hors D'ouevres
- 8 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- Kosher Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Chopped Sun Dried Tomatoes
- ¼ Cup Chopped Chives
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Diced Shallots
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Sherry Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
- Store bought mini tartlet or pyllo shells
Making the ricotta:
Line a large sieve with a layer of cheesecloth and place it over a large bowl.
Bring milk, cream, and salt to a rolling boil in a 6-quart heavy pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice, reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture curdles, about 2 minutes. Pour the mixture into the lined sieve and let it drain.
Making the 'confetti':
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, chives, shallots, sugar, vinegar and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Place 1 tablespoon of ricotta cheese into the tartlet shell, and spoon tomato confetti on top. Serve at room temperature