Grilled Steak Tacos with Charred Tomato Salsa, Citrus Slaw, and Crema
- 12 6” corn tortillas
- 3 lbs steak (flank, hanger, or tri tip)
- 1 lime
Season the steak liberally with salt and pepper. Grill until an internal temperature of 125°F is reached. Allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes. Slice the meat thinly, against the grain. Squeeze the lime over the sliced meat and set aside.
Charred Tomato Salsa
- 6 roma tomatoes, charred
- 1 small red onion, charred
- 1 jalapeno, charred
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Toss roma tomatoes, onions, jalapenos with salt and pepper and one tablespoon of the olive oil. Char on a very hot grill. Puree in blender with remaining olive oil, garlic, cilantro, lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 head cabbage, sliced thin
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 TSP toasted ground cumin
- 1 TSP toasted ground coriander
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
Combine all ingredients in a bowl let sit 20 minutes before using. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tsp toasted ground coriander
- 1 tsp toasted ground cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle puree
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 lime, juiced
Combine all ingredients and stir until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste
Warm the tortillas on the grill, approximately 5 seconds on each side.
Place the citrus slaw, then the steak, then the salsa, then the crema on top of each tortilla. Enjoy!