Burritt Room + Tavern
Chef Justin Pruett
- 12 TB Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar (Unpacked)
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 TB Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ Cups Flour
- 1 TB Baking Soda
- ½ TB Salt
- -2 Cups Toasted Dried Coconut
- 1 Cup Toasted And Chopped Pecans (Or Walnuts)
- 4 Oz German Chocolate Roughly Chopped (Substitute Milk Chocolate if Necessary)
Pre-heat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together by hand or in mixer. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until incorporated. Add the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix well. Add the coconut, nuts and chocolate.
Line sheet pans with parchment and grease the parchment. Spoon the cookies onto the sheet in heaping teaspoons. There should be 2 inches between each cookie to bake. Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating the sheet half-way through baking. We prefer these slightly underbaked, but bake to desired firmness and allow to cool before enjoying!