Classic Beef Burgers
Makes 4 big burgers.
• 2 lbs ground beef / pork mix (70% beef / 30% pork)
• 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tbsp ground black pepper
• Pimiento Cheese (see below)
• 4 Sourdough Rolls
Divide mix into ½ pound balls for big burger patties. (Always keep meat refrigerated until ready to grill.) Get the grill very hot and then add the patties. Cook the burgers 3-5 minutes per side, deepening on the thickness of the burger and desired doneness. Let rest 5 minutes before serving. Top with pimento cheese and serve on sourdough roll. Add lettuce/tomato if desired.
• 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
• 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
• 3 dashes of hot sauce
• 1 cup drained and chopped pimentos
• 1 cup sliced scallions (on the diagonal)
• 3 cups grated orange cheddar cheese
Mix the cream cheese with the cayenne pepper, salt, hot sauce, and pimentos. Fold in the scallions and cheddar cheese until just mixed. The pimento cheese should be chunky.