The server’s assistant primary goal is to support the server in serving guests in a warm, accommodating, and professional manner ensuring total guest satisfaction. This position’s purpose is to support and continually preserve the overall service. Often, this position will have multiple duties to accomplish at the same time. The ability to correctly assess order of operations is essential to this position. Accommodating guests by making everyone feel welcome and addressing them by name if known.
• Follow detailed procedures and stay alert in any environment.
• Ensure accuracy in documentation and data.
• Carefully monitor gauges, instruments or processes.
• Concentrate on routine work details.
• Able to clearly present information through verbal and written English.
• Read and interpret complex information.
• Actively listen to others.
• Able to use “Win –Win” approach to resolve issues
• Stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations.
• Maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement.
• Demonstrate career self-reliance.
• Identify own areas of opportunity.
• Able to maintain a solution-oriented approach while dealing with interpersonal conflict, personal rejection and/or time demands.
• Review facts, weigh, exercise options and able to act in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and realistic understanding of issues, along with using reason, even with emotional topics.
• Able to produce the desired effect incorporating the least effort, time and waste.
• Able to exhibit a “Can Do” approach.
• Inspire others to excel & develop and maintain a team spirit.
• Able to remain open-minded and change opinions based on new information.
• Perform a variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change.
• Manage transitions effectively from task to task.
• Adapt to varying guest needs.
• Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances.
• Prepare for problems or opportunities in advance.
• Undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision.
• Advocate new ideas, even when risk is involved.
• Set an example for coworkers.
• Able to prepare for emerging Guest needs.
• Manage multiple projects.
• Determine project urgency in a meaningful and practical way.
• Able to act in accordance with established guidelines.
• Follow standard procedures in crisis situations.
• Communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures.
• Recognize and constructively conform to unwritten rules and practices.
• Able to apply a way of thinking to generate solutions.
• Focus on process rather than isolated events.
• Use tools to define problems and evaluate alternative solutions.
• Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery.
• Deal with service failures and prioritize guest needs.
Knowledge, Education, Skills and Abilities
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Minimum High School Education or equivalent.
• Minimum 1 year experience in a fine dining establishment.
• Written and verbal comprehension of English language.
• Strong sense of urgency
• Basic mathematics skills
• Must be able to deal with all guests and Staff in a courteous and professional manner.
• Good energy when interacting with guests.
Essential Job functions
• Fulfill guests' needs politely and courteously.
• Setup and reset tables for service.
• Provide water, bread, and coffee service, and resetting the restaurant.
• Maintain, clean, and restock dining room stations.
• Polish silverware, glassware, and small ware for the dining room.
• Clean tables between courses and deliver dirty dishes to dish washing area.
• Complete side work and closing duties.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the restaurant, including food and beverage areas. Requires mobility, prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity. Must be able to tolerate varying levels of stress, temperature, illumination, air quality and fatigue. Heavy customer contact required.
Required Work Cards
• Food Safety Handlers Card
• TIPS CERTIFICATION
The Charlie Palmer Group offers competitive compensation and benefits package.
About the Charlie Palmer Group
The Charlie Palmer Group grew out of Aureole, American cuisine pioneer Charlie Palmer's landmark restaurant, originally located in a historic townhouse on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Today, Palmer's flagship Aureole is strategically located at the Bank of America Tower at One Bryant Park. Other coast-to-coast locations encompass an expanding collection of award-winning restaurants-many in equally significant historical locations-innovative wine shops, and luxurious boutique hotels, each designed with distinctive personalities to provide unique experiences.
These properties include: Aureole, Charlie Palmer Steak, Upper Story, Crimson & Rye, Charlie Palmer at The Knick (New York, NY); Aureole at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Charlie Palmer Steak at Four Seasons Hotel (Las Vegas, NV); Charlie Palmer Steak (Washington, DC); Charlie Palmer Steak (Reno, NV); Dry Creek Kitchen at Hotel Healdsburg & Hotel Healdsburg (Sonoma County, CA); Harvest Table and the Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer (Napa Valley, CA); and Burritt Room & Tavern and the Mystic Hotel by Charlie Palmer (San Francisco, CA).
If you feel you are a good match for this position, please send a cover letter introducing yourself and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.