Job Description: Charlie Palmer Steak Napa, Host/Hostess
This position's purpose is to control the flow of front door traffic of the restaurant. Initial impression contributes a big impact towards guest satisfaction. Personality is an integral part of this position. Because of being a primary focal point once entering the restaurant, calm and composed poise under pressure while handling conflicting deadlines is necessary. This position requires a cooperative behavior with colleagues and guests while emulating grace and professionalism.
• Follow detailed procedures and stay alert in any environment.
• Ensure accuracy in documentation and data.
• Carefully monitor gauges, instruments or processes.
• Concentrate on routine work details.
• Able to clearly present information through verbal and written English.
• Read and interpret complex information.
• Actively listen to others
• Stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations.
• Maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement.
• Identify areas of opportunity for growth
• Able to maintain a solution-oriented approach while dealing with interpersonal conflict, personal rejection and/or time demands.
• Review facts, weigh, exercise options and able to act in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and realistic understanding of issues
• Able to produce the desired effect incorporating the least effort, time and waste.
• Able to exhibit a “Can Do” approach.
• Inspire others to excel.
• Develop and maintain a Team Spirit.
• Able to remain open-minded and change opinions based on new information.
• Perform a variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change.
• Manage transitions effectively from task to task.
• Adapt to varying Guest needs.
• Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances.
• Prepare for problems or opportunities in advance.
• Undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision.
• Advocate new ideas, even when risk is involved.
• Set an example for coworkers.
• Delegate responsibility and empower associates to make decisions.
• Provide constructive feedback to others.
• Able to prepare for emerging Guest needs.
• Manage multiple projects.
• Determine project urgency in a meaningful and practical way.
• Able to act in accordance with established guidelines.
• Follow standard procedures in crisis situations.
• Communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures.
• Recognize and constructively conform to unwritten rules and practices.
• Able to apply a way of thinking to generate solutions.
• Focus on process rather than isolated events.
• Use tools to define problems and evaluate alternative solutions.
• Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery.
• Do what is necessary to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Deal with service failures and prioritize guest needs.
• Most importantly is to SMILE!
Knowledge, Education, Skills and Abilities
• Must be 18 years old
• Minimum High School Education or equivalent.
• Minimum 1 year Host experience in a fine dining high volume, high paced, establishment.
• Written and verbal comprehension of English language.
• Telephone Reception experience
• Strong sense of urgency
• Basic mathematics computations
• Must be able to deal with all Guests and Staff in a courteous and professional manner.
• Good Energy when interacting with Guests.
• GREAT Communication Skills
• Natural Connection to People
• Friendly & Flexible Disposition
Essential Job functions
-The Host/ Reservations will greet and seat guests in a welcoming, accommodating, and professional manner.
-Maintain and monitor waiting list.
-Answer phones quickly and politely without sign of hurriedness.
-Record reservations accurately by phone or in person.
-Employ essential hospitality standards: Eye contact, smile, speak first, engage in polite conversation and maintain a neat, clean professional personal appearance.
-Maintain a clean and organized podium with clean and updated menus.
-Acknowledge every guest’s departure with gracious and sincere salutation.
- Prepare daily reservation on sheets.
- Pull and arrange tables and chairs for guest.
-Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Conversing with guests about their dining experience
- Opentable reservation entry, navigation, awareness of future calendar events & technical support.
- Confirmation Calls for Reservation
-General office work that utilizes PC'& Macs
- Building phone relationships with guests regarding past dining experiences and creating returning guests from first-time diners
- Various administrative services: providing support to the office's management team in all departments, assisting with administrative tasks to meet a growing restaurant's ever-changing challenges
-Knowing base knowledge of menu, cocktails, information of the hotel and surrounding areas
• At least 18 years of age
• Written and verbal comprehension of English language.
• Good Energy when interacting with guests.
• Excellent phone skills
• Must be able to deal with guests in a professional manner while maintaining a professional appearance.
• Telephone Reception experience a plus
• Building phone relationships with guests regarding past dining experiences and creating returning guests from first-time diners
• Various administrative services: providing support to the office's management team in all departments, assisting with administrative tasks to meet a growing restaurant's ever-changing challenges
• Microsoft Office applications
Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the restaurant, including food and beverage areas. Requires mobility, prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity. Must be able to tolerate varying levels of stress, temperature, illumination, air quality and fatigue. Heavy customer contact required.
Required Work Cards
• Food Safety Handlers Card
• TIPS CERTIFICATION
The Charlie Palmer Group offers competitive compensation and benefits package.
About the Charlie Palmer Group
The Charlie Palmer Group grew out of Aureole, American cuisine pioneer Charlie Palmer's landmark restaurant, originally located in a historic townhouse on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Today, Palmer's flagship Aureole is strategically located at the Bank of America Tower at One Bryant Park. Other coast-to-coast locations encompass an expanding collection of award-winning restaurants-many in equally significant historical locations-innovative wine shops, and luxurious boutique hotels, each designed with distinctive personalities to provide unique experiences.
These properties include: Aureole, Charlie Palmer Steak, Upper Story, Crimson & Rye, Charlie Palmer at The Knick (New York, NY); Aureole at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Charlie Palmer Steak at Four Seasons Hotel (Las Vegas, NV); Charlie Palmer Steak (Washington, DC); Charlie Palmer Steak, (Reno, NV); Dry Creek Kitchen at Hotel Healdsburg & Hotel Healdsburg (Sonoma County, CA); Harvest Table and the Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer (Napa Valley, CA); and Burritt Room & Tavern and the Mystic Hotel by Charlie Palmer (San Francisco, CA).
If you feel you are a good match for this position, please send a cover letter introducing yourself and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.