Job Description: Charlie Palmer Steak Napa, Food Runner
This position’s purpose is to quickly and elegantly run plates of food for the expediting line to the guests in the dining room. This position requires endurance and grace throughout the entire shift. An elegant and energetic environment requires the food runner to move whimsically and rhythmically while staying composed and looking graceful.
• Follow detailed procedures and stay alert in any environment.
• Having a general knowledge of menu, ingredients, taste, appearance, garnish, and food preparation and can answer general questions.
• Ensure accuracy in documentation and data.
• Carefully monitor gauges, instruments or processes.
• Concentrate on routine work details.
• Able to clearly present information through verbal and written English.
• Read and interpret complex information.
• Stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations.
• Demonstrate career self-reliance.
• Identify own areas of opportunity.
• Review facts, weigh, exercise options and able to act in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and realistic understanding of issues, along with using reason
• Able to produce the desired effect incorporating the least effort, time and waste.
• Able to exhibit a “Can Do” approach.
• Inspire others to excel.
• Able to remain open-minded and change opinions based on new information.
• Perform a variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change.
• Manage transitions effectively from task to task.
• Adapt to varying guest needs.
• Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances.
• Prepare for problems or opportunities in advance.
• Undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision.
• Advocate new ideas, even when risk is involved.
• Delegate responsibility and empower associates to make decisions.
• Provide constructive feedback to others.
• Able to prepare for emerging guest needs.
• Determine project urgency in a meaningful and practical way.
• Able to act in accordance with established guidelines.
• Follow standard procedures in crisis situations.
• Communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures.
• Recognize and constructively conform to unwritten rules and practices.
• Able to apply a way of thinking to generate solutions.
• Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery.
• Deal with service failures and prioritize guest needs.
• Staying composed when under pressure and being hospitable with a smile.
Knowledge, Education, Skills and Abilities
• Must be 18 years old
• Minimum High School Education or equivalent.
• Minimum 1 year food running experience in a fine dining establishment.
• Written and verbal comprehension of English language.
• Strong sense of urgency
• Basic mathematics computations
• Must be able to deal with all guests and staff in a courteous and professional manner.
• Good energy when interacting with guests.
Essential Job functions
• Responsible for serving courses from Kitchen to Dining Room in cooperation with the Service Team.
• Communicate with the Chef and service team.
• Be fully aware of service flow in your station and the dining room.
• Assist service staff in delivering dishes to larger tables, using correct position numbers.
• Accommodate guests by making every guest feel welcome, addressing them by name if known.
• Relays order to kitchen and serves courses from Kitchen.
• Ensure all side-work is completed.
• Presents Courses with proper description as advised by Chef.
• Anticipates Guests needs during meal.
• Arrange tables and chairs for guests.
• Inspect proper table setup.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Basic computer skills
• POS systems
Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the restaurant, including food and beverage areas. Requires mobility, prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Requires lifting to 50 lbs. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity. Must be able to tolerate varying levels of stress, temperature, illumination, air quality and fatigue. Heavy customer contact required.
Required Work Cards
• Food Safety Handlers Card
• TIPS CERTIFICATION
The Charlie Palmer Group offers competitive compensation and benefits package.
About the Charlie Palmer Group
The Charlie Palmer Group grew out of Aureole, American cuisine pioneer Charlie Palmer's landmark restaurant, originally located in a historic townhouse on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Today, Palmer's flagship Aureole is strategically located at the Bank of America Tower at One Bryant Park. Other coast-to-coast locations encompass an expanding collection of award-winning restaurants-many in equally significant historical locations-innovative wine shops, and luxurious boutique hotels, each designed with distinctive personalities to provide unique experiences.
These properties include: Aureole, Charlie Palmer Steak, Upper Story, Crimson & Rye, Charlie Palmer at The Knick (New York, NY); Aureole at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Charlie Palmer Steak at Four Seasons Hotel (Las Vegas, NV); Charlie Palmer Steak (Washington, DC); Charlie Palmer Steak, (Reno, NV); Dry Creek Kitchen at Hotel Healdsburg & Hotel Healdsburg (Sonoma County, CA); Harvest Table and the Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer (Napa Valley, CA); and Burritt Room & Tavern and the Mystic Hotel by Charlie Palmer (San Francisco, CA).
If you feel you are a good match for this position, please send a cover letter introducing yourself and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.