The Bartender’s primary goal is to ensure consistency in their craft with a timely manner, serve food and beverages to bar patrons in a warm, accommodating, and professional manner ensuring 100% guest satisfaction. Needs to stay informed of current industry trends, along with learning and applying new concepts. Quick wits, time management, and a certain level of style are required for this position.
• Follow detailed procedures and stay alert in any environment.
• Ensure accuracy in documentation and data.
• Carefully monitor gauges, instruments or processes.
• Concentrate on routine work details.
• Able to clearly present information through verbal and written English.
• Read and interpret complex information.
• Actively Listen to others.
• Stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations.
• Maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement.
• Demonstrate career self-reliance.
• Identify own areas of opportunity.
• Able to maintain a solution-oriented approach while dealing with interpersonal conflict, personal rejection and/or time demands.
• Review facts, weigh, exercise options and able to act in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and realistic understanding of issues, along with using reason, even with emotional topics.
• Able to produce the desired effect incorporating the least effort, time and waste.
• Able to exhibit a “Can Do” approach.
• Able to remain open-minded and change opinions based on new information.
• Perform a variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change.
• Manage transitions effectively from task to task.
• Adapt to varying guest needs.
• Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances.
• Prepare for problems or opportunities in advance.
• Undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision.
• Advocate new ideas, even when risk is involved.
• Set an example for coworkers.
• Delegate responsibility and empower associates to make decisions.
• Provide constructive feedback to others.
• Able to prepare for emerging guest needs.
• Manage multiple projects.
• Determine project urgency in a meaningful and practical way.
• Able to act in accordance with established guidelines.
• Follow standard procedures in crisis situations.
• Communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures.
• Recognize and constructively conform to unwritten rules and practices.
• Able to apply a way of thinking to generate solutions.
• Focus on process rather than isolated events.
• Use tools to define problems and evaluate alternative solutions.
• Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery.
• Deal with service failures and prioritize guest needs.
• Staying composed when under pressure and being hospitable with a smile.
Knowledge, Education, Skills and Abilities
• Must be 21 years old
• Minimum High School Education or equivalent.
• Minimum 1 year Bartending experience in a fine dining establishment.
• Written and verbal comprehension of English language.
• Strong sense of urgency
• Basic mathematics computations
• Must be able to deal with all Guests and Staff in a courteous and professional manner.
• Good Energy when interacting with Guests.
Essential Job functions
• Accommodate guests by making everyone feel welcome and using their name(s) when known.
• Serve all alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages from printed tickets for servers and Patrons.
• Maintain a clean, organized and efficient bar.
• Enters sales in our POS system and closes all bar checks and dining room cash checks.
• They should also ask for age identification.
• Perform all cashier duties and be responsible for cash bank. Cash out all cash checks.
• Explain menu items to bar patrons.
• Arranges bottles and glassware to make an attractive display.
• Responsibly serves alcoholic beverages according to T.I.P.S./or T.A.M.
• Responsible for ensuring all bar Patrons are of the Legal drinking age with proper identification.
• May be required to slice and pit fruit for garnish use.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Basic computer knowledge
• Point of sale systems
Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the restaurant, including food and beverage areas. Requires mobility, prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity. Must be able to tolerate varying levels of stress, temperature, illumination, air quality and fatigue. Heavy customer contact required.
Required Work Cards
• Food Safety Handlers Card
• TIPS CERTIFICATION
The Charlie Palmer Group offers competitive compensation and benefits package.
About the Charlie Palmer Group
The Charlie Palmer Group grew out of Aureole, American cuisine pioneer Charlie Palmer's landmark restaurant, originally located in a historic townhouse on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Today, Palmer's flagship Aureole is strategically located at the Bank of America Tower at One Bryant Park. Other coast-to-coast locations encompass an expanding collection of award-winning restaurants-many in equally significant historical locations-innovative wine shops, and luxurious boutique hotels, each designed with distinctive personalities to provide unique experiences.
These properties include: Aureole, Charlie Palmer Steak, Upper Story, Crimson & Rye, Charlie Palmer at The Knick (New York, NY); Aureole at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Charlie Palmer Steak at Four Seasons Hotel (Las Vegas, NV); Charlie Palmer Steak (Washington, DC); Charlie Palmer Steak, (Reno, NV); Dry Creek Kitchen at Hotel Healdsburg & Hotel Healdsburg (Sonoma County, CA); Harvest Table and the Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer (Napa Valley, CA); and Burritt Room & Tavern and the Mystic Hotel by Charlie Palmer (San Francisco, CA).
If you feel you are a good match for this position, please send a cover letter introducing yourself and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.