Charlie Palmer Group has an immediate opening for a new Rooftop Assistant Manager at Archer Hotel, Napa CA. The Assistant Rooftop Manager is responsible for making sure that every guest is satisfied with the rooftop experience from arrival to departure. This manager is also responsible for working with the Banquet Manager ensuring the smooth function of events on the rooftop, and ensures that all guest expectations are met or exceeded in accordance to restaurant’s/event’s standards.
- Must be able to deal with all Guests and Staff in a courteous and professional manner.
- Monitor and conduct Manager and Employee training on an ongoing basis ensuring Growth and Advancement
- Leadership ability and Team building skills
- Maintain professional appearance
- Collective Bargaining Experience
- Strong sense of urgency
Knowledge, Education, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher a plus
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years’ management experience in a high volume establishment
- Catering experience, a major plus
- Significant professional experience in lower and middle management
- Work independently without direct supervision
- Work directly with customers and clients
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude, inspire others to excel and develop and maintain team spirit
- Resourcefulness, good judgment, excellent social, communication and organizational skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects at one time and respond quickly to the fast-paced restaurant culture
Essential Job functions
- Manages communication between the front desk kitchen, pool and reservations.
- Manages communication between Rooftop Manager and Banquet Manager for events
- Organizes and supervise staff call-ins, side-work, linen, cleanliness of rooftop and bar service matters.
- Ensure accuracy in documentation and data
- Maintain rooftop supplies at par level at all times.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedite work flow.
- Required to work within applicable Local, State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Comply with union contracts.
- Orchestrate the flow of service, providing assistance when necessary.
- Ensure the rooftop meets all licenses and health department requirements.
- Comes with an understanding that the job position, as described includes all Property volume, whether A la Cart?, Banquet or Special Event based.
- Continually train employees in proper service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Able to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of new information.
- Perform a variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change.
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
-Point of sale systems
Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the restaurant, including food and beverage areas. Requires mobility, prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity. Must be able to tolerate varying levels of stress, temperature, illumination, air quality and fatigue. Heavy customer contact required.
Required Work Cards
Food Safety Handlers Card
Managers Food Safety Handlers Card
The Charlie Palmer Group offers competitive compensation and benefits package.
About the Charlie Palmer Group
The Charlie Palmer Group grew out of Aureole, American cuisine pioneer Charlie Palmer's landmark restaurant, originally located in a historic townhouse on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Today, Palmer's flagship Aureole is strategically located at the Bank of America Tower at One Bryant Park. Other coast-to-coast locations encompass an expanding collection of award-winning restaurants-many in equally significant historical locations-innovative wine shops, and luxurious boutique hotels, each designed with distinctive personalities to provide unique experiences.
These properties include: Aureole, Charlie Palmer Steak, Upper Story, Crimson & Rye, Charlie Palmer at The Knick (New York, NY); Aureole at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Charlie Palmer Steak at Four Seasons Hotel (Las Vegas, NV); Charlie Palmer Steak (Washington, DC); Charlie Palmer Steak, Briscola (Reno, NV); Dry Creek Kitchen at Hotel Healdsburg & Hotel Healdsburg (Sonoma County, CA); Harvest Table and the Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer (Napa Valley, CA); and Burritt Room & Tavern and the Mystic Hotel by Charlie Palmer (San Francisco, CA).
If you feel you are a good match for this position, please send a cover letter introducing yourself and a resume to email@example.com.